Friday, July 1, 2011

Update: JewishGen helps to identify WW2 Photos

Guest post by Bruce Sadler
Dear Friends,
I would like to give you an update on an article that was published here on Oct. 29, 2009. The article told of my research into a photo album my father recovered after Dachau was liberated.
(To view the entire photo album, click here - ed)
This article was reprinted in a town called Rzhev in Russia in Dec. 2009. Two photo’s dated Dec. 10, 1941 showed the inside of a Russian Cathedral during the confession. Stalin ordered this town smashed Jan. 11 or 12 of 1942 so it would not fall into German hands. The town’s museum has those two as well as a few other copies on display. They were very happy to get them.
I would like to thank all of the people who have helped in identifying the photos that I had posted on this site.  I have even been able to get photos of what towns look like today and they have not changed much. The one thing I would like to be able to do is find the relatives of some of the towns’ folks I have and be able to give them a copy of it.
Sincerely,
Bruce Sadler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Please post responsibly.