Friday, May 2, 2014

(Canada) Online Canada Historical Newspapers

Posted by: Jan Meisels Allen



The blog, The Ancestor Hunt, by Ken Marks, published a list of historical newspapers by province.  Rather than list them all here, I refer you to the blog post which is free access and no need to register to access this posting.

Included are tutorials for four of the provinces.

While on the blog, click on “For popular articles” as Ken has a number of postings that may be of interest.  You can subscribe at no charge.  I had not known about this blog until I read about it in Genea-Musings blog by Randy Seaver.

Jan Meisels Allen
Chairperson, IAJGS Public Records Access Monitoring Committee

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jan for posting about my site. There also is a similar list of historical newspapers all 50 states (and DC) for the United States. I appreciate the shout out!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Please post responsibly.